.

Monday, February 25, 2019

Blunders and Thanks

I subscribe unendingly been fascinated by the rich and famous. They looked so more in bear of e genuinely situation they were in. They exude a certain aura of queen and many masses just simply adore them. I testament non try to pretend that I knew a lot of this people but in the community where I was living, a immatureishish couple on who owned the largest construction supply business happened to live there, in a three- terminusy building and I often watched them with awed interest. I have bought a few things in their store and their office paneled in crank looked so grand.The second floor of the building is a showcase for family line furnishings and looking at the prices of their goods only the rich could afford them, Id mused. I learned from people talking that the third floor is their dwelling house and as people talk, they said that it was a state of the art home, deserving for the very rich. The economise drove the grandest car in this part of our townspeople and every morning I watch him drove to some place, attache case case in hand, looking impressive and successful. The young wife stayed and work the office and she too took the kind of self-assured look her husband radiates. The young couple was my devotion.I would like to own a business one twenty-four hour period and like them, I would be powerful too. From their looks, I believed that money brings gratification and contentment, happiness too. A lot of times when I daydream, I would exhibit myself in the fashion of the young couples situation, very much contented and in control over my business, employees and in every switch I have for my business. Judging from the meager income I earned from my job, the position looked bleak and oftentimes, I would feel frustrated. I was taking the ferry to the metropolis and while waiting for the boat to generate, I was engaged with those day dreams again.I was complicated into it when I noniced that familiar car getting at the 2 gangplank and the driver hurrying to open the passenger seat. Out came the young wife of the businessman carrying a small bag. She is taking the boat and she is alone. She looked so chic with that small black dress and oversized Jackie O sunglasses. I lost her when she gets into the ferry. I was about to continue with my fantasy when a familiar voice roused me. Is this seat taken? It was her, looking a bit lost. No, I told her as she sat beside me. I am taking this trip alone. My husband arranged a car to fetch me at the pier. You go to our store sometimes didntyou? I am surprised she noticed. Yes, I told her. I would have added, I am your fan least I would look stupid. I am going to my husbands youngest brothers funeral. He will be buried today. Yes, she continued without waiting for me to ask, he is very young He is a special child you know and his family pull him into an institution. There is a peculiar way about the way she talked to me. We were not talking really. She expected me t o listen and be attentive to her chat away. She did not even look at me. She talked about existence bored to cobblers last at the store. She complained about the monotonous chores she have todo every day of her flavour including Sunday lunches at her husbands family country house. She confessed about being jealous at people who have time to spend weekends at bars and cafes having good times with friends and meeting strangers. In-between confessions and complains she would get a call from somebody and they would talk for a minute or two. approximately of those calls were from their office and others from the party of the funeral judging from her conversations on her phone. I was surprised with my response with her. The very first time I am nearest the mortal I so admired and she talked to me of things I considered so personal andbetween weedy friends only yet I do not feel the inspiration I expected to feel. I felt so drained. I 3 felt that this woman seeped my strength like a vampire imbibe blood from her victims. The boats horn sounded signaling we have reached our destination. You are going to the urban center arent you? she asked, You can share a ride with me, Id be bored alone in that car, she added. Instinct told me to say no and I did. I am meeting someone in the pier, I lied. I would take the bus but thanks anyway and leave hurriedly away. So much for the rich and famous, I thought so amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment