.

Thursday, March 14, 2019

The following piece of work is an analysis of the short story called Es

The following piece of work is an analysis of the briefly story calledthe portendman by Charles dickens.The auspicate man is set in the middle 19th century. The main setting isthat of right beside a train tunnel where the main character the house man stays to let trains by etc.The storyline is set mostlyin the night time. The story has an eery effect on me as a reader.While I was indicant the show man I picked up on the tenseatmosphere. At one point early on in the story, theres a moment whichbrought the tension to the story in a sinewy way.He looked up at me without replying, and I looked down at him without reiterate too soon.I commemorate this moment brings some tension as, it make me eager to seewhat was going to happen next.I also think that the silence of the signal man brings some darknessto the story. His silence do him seem like a obscure character.Charles Dickens describes him to use snuff it actions as well. In astrange way I have it away how the signal man i s so creepy. I think I get holdthis, as it gives more depth to him as a character. He pointed to the exit light he had looked at.His manner seemed to make the place glisten colder to me.Throughout the story Dickens presents the narrator and the signal mandifferently.I feel the signal man is portrayed as lonely, quiet sinistercharacter. He had taught himself a language down here,--if only toknow it by sight, and to have formed his own crude ideas of itspronunciation. This shows that he has just any contact withexternal influences.I could imagine seeing the signal man on a frosty winters morning, touch sensation his stare, burning through my skin like a concentrated sunshine onpaper.He works alone in the middle o... ...f the signal man, it helped me realise whatDickens meant by the certain hand gestures made by the signalmanhimself. Also it gave another level to the tension and the ending wasmore strong-arm as well.The ending of the story does its job well. It brings the little pi ecesthat the story has amass together, explaining the truth aboutexplaining things that I questions earlier on. Like why the signal manpuzzled about why the narrator yelled Halloa infra there As wellas the strange stories that the lonely signal man had spoke of.Even though the story was short and realistic, I would not recommendit to other readers.I think it has a healthy impact, but is not my type of book overall. Ittakes a while to plunk the reader, and when it does, the story isalmost over. The ending is not powerful enough to modification my thoughtson the story though

No comments:

Post a Comment