.

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Sexual Assault is Never the Victim’s Fault :: Essays Papers

knowledgeable Assault is Never the Victims FaultI could notice the fear in her eye, and could shade the pain in her trembling hands. I could sense her discomfort when she talked virtually the night. I had never known, and never would shed guessed, that something happened to her at a party with kids I knew from my school. She told me first. She only told me. She spoke to me about how she can not be in a room with a stranger, or how she feels that part of her died that night. She explained that hugs didnt feel good anymore, they felt intrusive. She explained that she wont stay in a room with a priapic teacher if the other students leave. Every part of her life, she explained, has been changed. She wasnt the same girl anymore, and she blamed herself for it. Even contemplating suicide, like many victims often do, seemed better than living with the memories. She was too afraid to talk to her parents, because she had drank a little the night of the attendant and too afr aid to tell her friends, because they thought that the guy was cool. She didnt faith any ace anymore, not even her old best guy friends. She had known him they had been friends in junior high. She knew himHer story changed me. I would no longer wait for the step forward of inner assault to approach me. I would educate myself about it. I was going to help. I didnt want to see anyone else have to feel the way my friend did. I joined the Sexual Assault retort Team, and began to fight back. The issue of sexual assault needs to be communicate openly so that everyone changes their current paradigms, or perspectives. People that believe that sexual assault can be prevented, is the victims responsibility, or is further miscommunication, are allowing perpetrators too much freedom. Sexual assault is always the perpetrators decision, thereof never being the victims responsibility, or decision. This is a candid concept, but let me show you how presently we are not playactin g this way. It is all too likely that each one of us knows the victim of a sexual assault. One in four Colorado women and one in fourteen Colorado men have been the victim of a completed or attempted sexual assault.

No comments:

Post a Comment